Wednesday 18 June 2014

To Swear Or Not To Swear?

Rant time!
Why do people swear? I get it when you stub your toe and you mutter a profanity under your breath. But swearing just for the fun of it? I just don't get it. Is it considered the 'cool' thing to do now? Personally, I don't find throwing around f***s and sh**s and worse around very attractive, I certainly don't swoon with admiration when people swear for no particular reason. If you swear on a regular basis and you're reading this, imagine me shaking my head at you in a very disgruntled way. For some, it has become a habit to let slip those profanities and others are just incorporating it in their language to spice things up a bit. WELL STOP. Right now. You are ruining the English language. Maybe try swearing in French or something, at least people won't know what you're saying if you do that. You might even sound exotic.

Hey, now that I think about it, isn't it weird that these swear words are just sounds? Like they're just these letters strung together that are pronounced in a certain way and somehow it has evolved into something considered offensive? How is a profanity any different to an ordinary word like apple? It really isn't. In fact, the people making a swear word offensive are the people who find it offensive in the first place... OMG breakthrough, I'm literally realising this as I type...How can we get rid of swearing all together? We must all swear, profusely, daily, 24/7 and we must use it like any other word with no significant meanings!!! Then they will become meaningless!!! You know what they say, if you can't beat them, join them! :O *mind blown face*

2 comments:

  1. (raise hand) Definitely agreed! A wonderful post. Quite amusing...... to not swear.........cooolies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charmie, how are you so amazing and how did I only just stumble upon this? This is great!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete