Monday 17 November 2014

Book Review: The Blood Of Olympus

It brings me great sadness to say, I have officially finished the entire Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series. My journey with Percy Jackson began almost six years ago and now, with Rick Riordan's last book of the series, my journey has come to an end. Yes, I know I'm too old to be reading them anymore, everyone has advanced to sappy, romance novels and I'm still basking in the wonderful world of Greek and Roman mythology, but do you understand how much these books have impacted my life? I used to constantly envision myself as a demigod, living at Camp Half Blood, probably dating Percy. Would it be an exaggeration to say that finishing Blood of Olympus was like sealing off a part of my childhood? I think not. 




Onto the book itself, it was (as usual) an epic wave of demigod awesomeness and a few 
perfect Percabeth moments here and there. If you've never read Percy Jackson, you may be very confused right now. I highly recommend you go read it now. I don't have much else to say, except that when I realised I only had a few pages left, I didn't know whether to cry or to laugh. I realise that this isn't really a book review, more of a bumble of a words about my favourite series ever. 

Thank you Uncle Rick for filling my life with a fantastic world of demigods (as well as distracting me from my studies). 

4 comments:

  1. Cool blog post I just found your blog through teenage blogger central ! Love your blog name !! Please go check out my blog and follow if you like it x anotherteenontheweb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks (: I've followed you on Bloglovin, your blog is cute!

      Delete
  2. Uncle Rick's books are fantastic don't you think? If I was a demigod I would choose to be Annabeth for sure! Your blogs are humorous and great to read! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dad is 53 and still loves the Percy Jackson books. Today my bookstore finally got some copies of The Blood of Olympus (it takes ages before books get translated to Dutch), so my Dad gave me €20 and said: 'Go buy the book, it'll be a Christmas present.' So now I have to wait until Christmas before I can read it!
    On the other hadn, I'm not sure if I'm ready to say goodbye to Percy and Annabeth and all the others already...

    ReplyDelete