Tuesday 10 June 2014

Do You Really Reap What You Sow?

Hey there. I had an epiphany this afternoon whilst I was drinking some tea and eating some cereal. 

For all the students out there, you know how it is at the beginning of the term, you're all pumped up and ready to make it the best year of your life. Well that's just about how I start every year,  term 1 I've got my goals set up, my outlook on the future always looks greatttt. By the end of that term, I'm like this gigantic slug, barely absorbing anymore information and just inching my way towards the school holidays. Here's the sad thing, I worked my butt off last term in preparation for my half yearlies, harder than I had ever worked (which isn't very hard hahaha) but in the end, I didn't obtain the results I wanted. It was a big let down and it kind of made me wonder, is it even worth trying sometimes? You know how sometimes you don't try in something and you end up on top of it? Or like in flappy bird when you're not even trying and you end up getting a new high score? (Deep examples, Charmie.)

Anyway so today I went home feeling quite glum (<-- cool word heheh) and I realised that just because you work hard, doesn't mean you'll definitely get the results you want. It's a bummer for sure but if you don't even try, then your chances of obtaining your ideal results would be even lower. At least now you can say, 'well yes, I've done my best and if that's what I get for doing my best then poo you all!' You can't beat yourself over for trying your best but you can certainly punish yourself for putting less effort in. Just because I'm working hard doesn't mean other people aren't, in fact, maybe their definition of working hard is greater than mine. You reap what you sow? I think it should be: you're more likely to reap something if you sow something. But that's not a bad thing! To me that just means I need to keep sowing stuff and eventually, just maybe, I'll reap some great stuff!! 

Also sorry if the title was a bit misleading. I wanted it to be really inspirational and motivational (: especially since I have a maths test tomorrow! 

4 comments:

  1. Love the thoughtful outlook you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for the flappy bird example! and yay for new outlooks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Inspirational! What a big change! But its good! Love your examples! They are just fab! (lazy, I know) Yep, I totally understand what your tyring to say in this blog. I have been through that. :)Wow....epiphany...can change your perspective in one go. AMAZE! Through cereal and a cup of tea! (umm...) Keep the blogs rolling, Charmie!

    ReplyDelete