Friday 27 June 2014

Living To Die or Dying To Live

"Why are we dying to live when we're all just living to die?"

I saw this quote somewhere and I felt like I'd been hit by a large spiky ball of depressing thoughts. "Why are we dying to live when we're all just living to die?" I read it then did a double-take and re-read it again. First thought: That's a smart play on words. Second thought: Omg, is it true? Are we really just living to die? Yes and no. Yes, in that we will all eventually die and it's unavoidable unless some elixir is invented that will make us immortals (long shot but you never know with the rate that technology is advancing). No, in that the whole point of us living is to LIVE! We don't live to die, we live to experience all these emotions of living and everyone has different reasons for wanting to live and that's the reason we DIE to live. I don't want to get all religious especially since not everyone is Christian and stuff but if you look up Galatians 2:15-21 in the Bible, it will really make sense. It made sense to me anyway.



On a more random note, my sister recounted an incident that made me giggle. As she was walking down a street after school, she saw a bunch of teenage girls crammed in a car with the windows rolled down, screaming "HASHTAG YOLO!!!" as they sped past. It's mildly amusing but also rather sad to see young teenage girls holding life to so little value, especially on their L-plates. It is also sad to hear them speaking in Hashtag language. Even more sad to hear them say YOLO. We are currently watching Wimbledon on TV and my sister is wildly swinging her tennis racquet in the living room in a mediocre attempt to imitate the professionals playing.

Ta ta for now,
Charmie

P.S. Since when do I end my posts like this? :O
P.P.S. I am wearing fluffy crocodile slippers.
P.P.P.S. That was a very unnecessary fact. I like unnecessary facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment