Friday 6 June 2014

The Airport Incident

Warning: Extreme sarcasm and hyperbole intended.

A long time ago, (aka 6 months ago), my family had just arrived back at Sydney International Airport. We had spent our Christmas holidays in Hong Kong and arriving back home was great. Until, of course, we got to Customs. Oh, the dreaded customs, where if you don't look white, expect to be handled like a disease. Naturally, we had heaps of stuff to declare. Right away the airport staff were scrutinising us, they might as well have had written 'HI WE ARE EXTREMELY RACIST YES THAT'S US' on their foreheads with Sharpies. Now that wasn't the worst part. Once they had rudely ordered us to a bench, two snarky females with noses six miles up in the air and distasteful attitude flowing from every pore of their skin, began to rip open our luggage.

One of them ordered me to bring around the trolley and at the same time lift a piece of baggage onto the bench. When I decided to do things one at a time due to my lack of five arms, she scoffed and muttered some racist remark to her friend. WOW. Firstly, I'm sorry I can't lift a 5000 kg bag onto your 5000 metre high bench whilst pushing those awfully heavy trolleys with my remaining toe. Secondly, could you be anymore obvious of your clear disgust for the Asian race? I mean, okay, you hate us but maybe try hide that look of utter revulsion?? ANYHOOO my blood pressure had hit the roof by the time they had checked all our bags and my ability to think coherently without popping a vein had hit rock bottom. In the end, we trudged off, unscathed physically but emotionally scarred forever. Well, at least I was. I stepped off the plane singing 'Advance Australia Fair' and left the airport sobbing for the human race.

I shall leave you with this picture down below.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say white Australians have been becoming more racist than ever. We all understand there are many reasons behind this trend. Although it's human nature for us to be suspicious to people of other races, I don't think we should put up with it.

    ReplyDelete