Friday 6 June 2014

The Fault in Our Stars Is So Overrated


Firstly, I have not seen the movie yet and I haven't watched Divergent either (shoot me) but I still have a lot to say about TFIOS.

One word: Overrated.
I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone (possibly the rest of the population) but this book is so damn overrated. I read it to see what the hype was about and was left disappointed. At no point did I shed a single tear, even when SPOILER ALERT Augustus or whatever his name was, died. Am I a cruel human being with no soul? Probably. I just feel like the storyline was too predictable and people quoting 'it's a metaphor' have taken things too far. I understand that this may cause many die-hard fans to hate me but I'm taking the risk anyway!

 
Sidenote: I have cried watching Masterchef so maybe I'm not so heartless after all?
Also there are some pretty cute quotes in it although I don't get the 'some infinities are bigger than other infinities' one, like I thought all infinities are infinite? Unless it's a metaphor...


1 comment:

  1. This just ain't on. Out of all people I thought you'd understand that some infinities are bigger than other infinities...

    ReplyDelete